A Romantic Encounter: The Proposal

Garden of Shangri-La The car came to a halt at the regal entrance of Shangri-La Rasa Sayang. It was a breezy night, the sky canvassed with stars that shines brightly. She was adorned in a red evening dress and I realised that she has grown accustomed to having the charm bracelet I got her from Tiffany & Co around her wrist.

 

She somehow sensed that it was a special evening as I kept insisting that she puts on a dress and avoided it whenever she suggested an evening of snuggle at home instead of fine dining escapade…

 

We walked thru the hallway onto the garden path, that is where magic was set to unfold eventually, but every little element was taken into account to reflect her choice…

 

Lavender Candles The path to the beach is about 50M and it was lit by tiered candles in her favourite scent and colour, lavender… the tiered stands were white in colour with ribbon strips also in lavender, the base was covered with rose petals and the wind that occasionally blew actually created a trinkled path of rose all the way to the shoreline.

 

As we got nearer, Orion held my arms with amazement and awe as she caught sight of the gazebo, which was also in lavender theme and underneath it, a dining table for two, with a chef standing to welcome us for a dining experience like no other, also present were two butlers to ensure excellent service delivery…

 

“What is going on? And wow, what are those?” Orion asked shortly after taking a seat and looking at the inner decorations that was made out of styrofoam that are UV-coated on the ceiling of the gazebo.

 

“The doves are basically the symbol of peace and serenity I feel when I look into your eyes, the lilies represents your favourite flower, the ___ ___ represents your birthplace, ______ and the flyer represents the country where you reside now. The rest are your charms that adornes your wrist and I crafted based on things that you considered meaningful…”, I explained to her and realising her eyes that was glittery amidst the candlelights.

 

Seaside Dining The chef prepared a sumptous delicacy for us, each menu accompanied by a selected champagne, each menu crafted with her favourite dish in mind. I was amazed that Chef Eric even took the effort to craft one dish based on tandoori which has been her favourite food of all time! That even gave me a shock that amidst foei gras, there was an indian dish!

 

As we dined, laughed and shared an evening filled with romance, I was wishing that all would turn out to be fine… Afterall, I toiled to ensure this to be a moment that would be remembered a lifetime. I kept looking into her eyes the entire evening, knowing that these are the pairs of eyes that I would want to spend my whole life looking into. This is the person that I envision growing old with.

 

Halfway thru the dinner, the three piece band emerged to serenade us some of the most amazing tunes, and of course, like everything else, this were songs that she absolutely loves…

 

As we ended our dessert, I stood up, walked over to her… “shall we?” with my hands extended towards her, she smiled and placed her fair palms on mine.

 

As we danced, I was feeling extremely blessed that I had her near me, that she was in my arms and I could feel her every heart beat… At times, she would turn away her glances from my eyes, it was as if the whole universe was in unison to shower us with feelings of love…

 

I pulled her closer, “I have something deep within my heart that I would want to share with you now”…

 

“What is it Nexus?”, Orion pulled herself away in order to concentrate.

 

“Not this way, come nearer”

 

She hesitated as she pays attention to all that I say and worried that her concentration would astray without eye contact…

 

I assured her as I leaned towards her… “for this, you don’t need the ears, but the heart to listen”

 

She inched nearer and smiled… “tell me love… what is it?”

 

Dance Sea “All my life, I grew up to facts that love is a wonderful thing, that romance gives one a joy that is unexplainable and that love would make a person do the craziest things… alongside it, life thought me the bitter truth of betrayal, unfaithful and greed of mankind… but every once in a while, a person would step in someone’s life and make them realise that life and love is indeed beautiful…”

 

She looked up and smiled knowing that those words were meant to define her… I continued before she uttered a word…

 

“They say, fall in love and give your heart to someone that knows you well and she knows you well, but like life’s experiences, I’ve come to know that someone I knew completely well yesterday, becomes an entirely different person in a blink of an eye, thus proving me ‘knowing this person’ to be a mistake”

 

“I don’t know about that, but I know this now, I might not have known everything about you, I might not know all your likes and dislikes, but I know this much that unlike others, you have made me feel on top of the world from the moment I set my eyes on your smile on that blissful day at _________ “

 

She gripped my hand tighter as she recalls that fateful day…

 

“I don’t want to know your favourite colour now, I want to know it on the day that I paint the living room wall 3 years later… I don’t want to know your preferred dish now, but I want to know it 5 years later when I bring it to bed during mother’s day, I don’t want to know your favourite dress now, I want to know it 20 years later when you’re getting ready to head out for dinner. I don’t want to know your favourite vacation spot now, I want to know it 30 years later when we rekindled love memories”

 

I took a step back, and she was startled for a moment, I got on my knee and looked up to her, while pulling a red box out of my suit…

 

“I want to set myself on a journey of discovering you, not for a year or two, where I would have known every single bit of you and to know that I have nothing else to discover, but I want to be on a journey of discovering you, cherishing you, loving you and building memories that would last me a lifetime, and for that, I request a time period of a lifetime, till my last breath”

 

“Orion would you let me embark on this journey of love and life, where I would be the fortunate one to have you as the last sight as I fall asleep at night and the first glimpse of sunlight when I awake in the morning, would you give me the honour of being your life partner… Orion, will you marry me???”

 

She was shocked and couldn’t contain her tears of happiness, she held my hands tight and said “YES!!! Yes i will marry you!!!”

 

As I placed the ring on her lovely finger, she hugged me so hard, “you already know every favourite of mine even without me telling, but for your journey, I will set on loving everything that you do, it’s only us after this my love”…

 

On the far horizon, flares of fireworks joined the stars of the night sky, as she hugged me she faced the scenery and held me tight… “I am the luckiest girl alive…”

 

I hugged her close to my chest, kissed her forehead with my eyes closed, envisioning the life ahead, as I opened my eyes, I realise the smile on my face, and the empty bed beside me… The night was silent yet the joy and exuberance of my dream was still ringing in my ears…

 

It was definitely the most remarkable dream and somehow, I believe that it will be a reality really soon… The amazing part of the dream is Orion and I never saw this person as Orion, but if it is her, than I would be extremely fortunate and couldn’t ask for anyone else from God…

 

Comments

  1. OMG! That was like the best "novel" I had read! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you sweets... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...