The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits


Since our marriage, my wife has always advised me on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, needless to say, it fell on deaf ears, countless efforts of hers just failed to move the titan towards losing weight.

August 2019, I went for my yearly medical check up and for the first time ever, I failed to reach level 3 of my stress test. Which was a stress of its own! (That's Warning #1). In September, I realised that I was having a whistling sound as I climbed stairs and mobility was limited when I tried putting on socks (Warning #2).

Before I have to write about Warning #3, in my panic and fear thanks to Web MD where every symptom leads to cancer/stroke/heart failure, I visited my local doctor, who asked me the simplest question, "did you gain significant weight recently?"

Well, here it is in the public portal, I was indeed heaviest that I have ever been at 152kg! She gave a simple solution, "lose your weight" and being a close family friend, it followed with another 30 minutes of pep talk including the usual "being there for family, your kids, wife etc". The only difference this time, I was sold!

I actually wanted to do it! I am done being the blob, fatso and lethargic guy many of you have known me as. At that moment, I decided upon my first major goal, to get to two digits! It need not be my ideal weight of 85kg. Simply getting to 99kg would suffice for now.

2nd October 2019, our 9th wedding anniversary and I presented Afriza, who has been my biggest supporter with the best gift ever - The Commitment to Lose Weight and Be Healthy! Thus began the journey of mine towards Two Digits.

With the result I have as of today (18 Feb 2020) at 138.8kg, I am now certain that the path to Two Digits is possible if you put your heart, will, mind and soul into it. It's not easy, but it is not impossible.

Here I am, with no whistling sound when I go up the stairs, with no breathless feeling when I play with the kids and actually having to pull my pants up that are loose. My last blog entry was years ago as I didn't find the passion for writing, probably as I was lethargic, it did hamper my writing ability.

But today, I decided to pen this opening blog and will share more of my journey, probably next few posts would be the journey of mine from 2nd October 2019 and bringing you up to speed, my reasons:

1- I realised that when I put my commitment on the social media, I was driven to perform as it was my reputation at stake
2- I wish there was someone who shared their journey, it is always easy to find the fit and muscular guy talking about working out but I have not found one who was a "me" that I could learn from

So get on my journey of Two Digits and let's aim for that horizon that people say is impossible!

Comments

  1. Well done my Love! InsyaAllah where there is perseverance, you will do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...