The Beat of Heart…

Salim in HDU Meet my bro, Salim Khan… a 39 years old young guy… A loving wife, three lovely children and flourishing business… Life seems to be all set for the high rollin… He was diagnosed with palpitation many years back and since then, I would get a call in the middle of the night to drive him to the hospital…

 

Palpitation is the irregular beat of the heart, whether it’s fast paced, slow paced or just a mixture of fast and slow… The cardiologist has been baffled as his heart seems to function normally, well, it’s not lethal as long he seeks medical attention during the occurrence…

 

I have been accustomed to this palpitation, last week, I drove him to the hospital, as we were driving down, he mentioned that it was rather severe this time round and I comforted him saying all would be fine… and he did pass me his lawyer’s number in case of anything happening to him, I could help sort out all the pertaining matters…

 

We checked in to the emergency unit and after 3 gruelling hours, the doctor mentioned that it has stabilised. It was 6AM when I left him in the HDU and went back home… I did not even call him the next day thinking ‘it’s nothing, dude’s fine’ and even mentioned it on fb…

 

Following night, he was allowed to go back home and then only he told me that after I left, about 30 minutes later, he was sweating and the alarm went off… apparently his heartbeat went up to 147!!! At that moment in time, he thought it was the end for him… and after a while, with a blink of an eye, it went normal… Thank God!!!

 

Though we were laughing as he was telling the story, especially with his expression of ‘I saw the light’ hahaha… it got me thinking as I laid on my bed… What if that morning that I left him at HDU was the last??? What if I never got to see him again and tell him that though we don’t meet up often… he is my brother that took me along in all his escapades???

 

All in all, it could be his want to survive that could’ve saved him… don’t underestimate the force of people around us, our family and friends, they keep us going when everything else fails… They become the strength and desire for one to continue living and saying that there is much to achieve…

 

Salim & Khazinah My sister-in-law has been an amazing life partner to him, I remembered the day they got married and at that time, my bro was driving an old Mazda that me and Shane called batuk (the car had amazing jerk the moment I drove it)… but she stood by him during the tough times and became his strength when she joined forces with him to grow their business… They persisted and worked hard together to realise their dreams of providing a better future for their children, at times, they remind me of my mum and dad… They are blessed with three children and there’s no doubt that the future holds only greater things for them…

 

Remember, life has it’s turmoils and moments where you feel that it’s all to fail, but with the right elements, you’d achieve and soar to greatness… Sometimes, we complain to God saying why does he despair us in certain things, but we don’t listen to him when He says, that I took it away from you as I am preparing something much better that you deserve… So keep the faith strong and believe in Him cause He is The Almighty and All Knowing…

 

To my Bro, keep achieving greatness and I don’t envy you for all the success you have achieved and will achieve, but I do wish that God will grant me happiness like yours and make my wish of having a great loving life partner and Mikail a reality… I don’t know who will be Orion but I keep my faith that He will bring her to me, she might just be the one who says “tere naal mein awanggi, sesuraal mein jawanggi” and would make life worth living and giving me the strength and courage to achieve greatness… Amen…

 

Comments

  1. hope your bhai is ok now jiiii...... insyaallah orion aur mikail ka saapna bhi puraa hoga.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's way ok babe... hope so but ain't rushing into any commitment now, want to stick with this khula saand life for a while hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is pretty apparent..... enjoy the dishes.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oye khula saand, enjoy every moment life has to offer because we dont know when it cld be our last, and always remember to let the ppl you care for know how mch they mean to you :) kya pata kal ho na ho ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes.... and don't forget to tell people who care for you too Wild Stallion......

    ReplyDelete
  6. saira: i remember it well too... for what i am is a result of what i am carrying now... i also remember, chahe jo tumhi pure dilse... milta hain wo musykil seh... esa jo kohi kahin hain... bes wohi saab se haseen hain... us haath ko, tum thamlo... wo merhaba... kal ho na ho... ;)

    deeps: aahun aahun aahun hahaha... haule haule sab thik hoga... like we spoke last ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all should be grateful for all the sweet moments spent with loved ones,thanx FIDOO.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...