A Romantic Encounter

She was sitting 3 tables away, right in the direction of my eyes, with her hair flowing freely, wavy and the sunglasses tucked as hair band, she couldn’t stand them coming between her and her book while she took moments in between to sip her coffee, most probably a latte. Her expressions changes showing countless emotions as her brown eyes trail down the pages and she engulfs herself in the words placed within the books.

Her smile as angelic as ever, and when she comes to phrases crafted by the author to define sadness, I feel the urge to just make her smile, never should she be sad, her lips, should always hold a smile that is truly enchanting and captivating.

She had put on a black top, a black knee length skirt and a pair of heels, probably back from her office and decided to stop by for coffee like her everyday routine, knew that when the barista greeted her by her name.

Ralph… that is the perfume she had on, the wind was kind enough to bring me the scent that I could never go wrong with. The perfume that I adore and has countless memories associated to this particular scent.

She caught me looking at her, in normal circumstances I’d glance away, but I just smiled, never fearing that she might just look thru me. Her smile, framed in my mind, from that moment till now, probably a time to jump with joy. She continued flipping the pages of her book. This would be an opportunity for life and I never know if my eyes would ever get the opportunity to see this angel again. I rose from my chair and every step towards her seemed a journey of a mile.

“I hate it when people just never seem to want to leave me alone, to enjoy the breeze as I read my book and have my coffee in peace”, probably the worst intro line in the whole universe. What was I even thinking? “Exactly! I mean they could just come over and say hi, expecting to be welcomed by the stranger they approach”, quirky and fast! I was too mesmerized by her voice as she replied.

The escape route seems clear. “maybe I should just tell the stranger to take a detour and pretend the whole embarrassing moment never happened”. Her next sentence made me forget escaping, “maybe the one reading the book should take a break and invite the stranger to take a seat, if every stranger takes a detour, all there will be in world is lonely, silo people”. She pulled out a bookmark and placed it within the pages, looked up and smile, with her hands signaled the chair across her.

“Name’s Nexus, else you’d have to refer me as stranger, forever”. “I’m Orion, and we’re officially no longer strangers, all mysteries solved”. Two hands moved forward and shook, her hand soft as silk, probably with delicate care. Worthy of attention, perfectly manicured nails painted in light hue of pink, matching the color of her lips, her lips that looked like petals of rose in the morning, where drops of dew find solace and comfort.

We spoke without realizing hours passing by, topics ranging from our work to our aspirations for life. “You know what? I am truly glad that you did not make a detour just now, else I won’t be laughing as much I did today, can’t believe that I am feeling lucky”, she said while looking into my eyes, as if to make a point that she really means it. “I know I have that clowny effect on people, and I don’t blame them, the world lacks quality of entertainment”. “You a clown? I don’t think of you that way, but I think of you as the person that resembles sunshine, no matter how sad you are, looking at sunrise makes you glow with the glorious ray it showers upon you… daily”, she said while moving few strands of her hair that was hindering her vision, tucked them neatly behind her ears that had the companion of chandelier earrings.

It started to rain slightly, probably a sign that we will have to continue our conversation on another day. “Would you mind if I call you tonight?”. “Tonight I will be slightly busy as I need to prepare a client brief, but if you’d love to, I’d like to take kidnap you for a day… tomorrow”, I said as she looked to be finding answers as to why will I not want to accept her call, answers triggered by questions such as “does he has a girlfriend?”, “is he going to be with somebody?”, “am I beginning to bore him?” “I am glad to be a willing captive”, she said, smiling while hiding her thoughts.

As she walked away, I just stood there looking at her, with every step she took, I was wishing that I could stop her for a few more minutes, just to let her know that I was truly glad to have known her. Most probably she is already aware of it, especially with the fact that she took few glances, turning and smiling.

Tomorrow, I will not rise to face the sunshine, coz I found you- a simple and sweet SMS that came to my inbox late at night as I lay on the bed to sleep, while thinking of her and recalling every bit of our encounter today… A Romantic Encounter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...