A Romantic Encounter: The Shooting Star

How do you define the sight of a shooting star, when you look up to the sky on a Thursday evening when you feel lonely? Do you make a wish, or do you consider it as an amazing phenomenal astronomical occurrence?

Nexus makes a wish, closes his eyes and envisions Orion’s presence in his life. He could say millions of things, he could write long poetries praising Orion’s beauty, he could write a lengthy story telling the world of how amazing Orion is. But no, tonight, he looks up to the passing star and makes a wish, a simple wish placed in words...

I love you Orion... I love you very very much, when I shut my eyes, I envision you and when I open my eyes, they thirst for the sight of you. I sense in you in my every awakening hour and even in my dreams when I am asleep.

I miss you badly when you are far away, I miss the smile you give when I look at you, I miss your laughter I hear when I tell a joke, I miss the moment when you look at me and don’t even say a thing, I miss your anger towards me when I argue with you, I miss the moment that you just hold my hand, I miss the moment you caress my cheeks softly, I miss... everything about you, all the time...

I wish that you were here by my side, looking up to the stars. I wish that you were mine. I wish that on your finger, there is a ring, a symbol of my eternal love for you. I wish that you would be the lady that stands by my side. I wish that you have a child by the name Mikail. I wish that in every happiness, in every joyful moment, in every sad sorrowful moment that come our way, for every emotion that could be felt by the heart, the moments are encountered with me.

I may not be the perfect man for you, no... there are countless others. What could be the measure of one’s love for another? For this heart of mine, beats with your presence in my life. I can’t promise you wealth of lifetime, but I can promise to be there for you when you call out for me. I promise to be the hand that holds out for you. I promise that even when you are 60, wrinkly and feeling miserable, I would still find you the most gorgeous angel I ever set my eyes upon, and you would see it in my eyes, the way you see it today.

I want you to be the lady I spend my life with, the person I grow old with, and if I am lucky enough, to blow my last breath looking into your beautiful eyes, that shines like the morning sun... I will love you for the rest of my life... till my last breath, and even after that... it is a wish, simple wish from the heart, no poetic words and simple rendition of the heart, that now belongs to you.

With the sound of the waves, Nexus looks up to the far horizon, inseparable between the flows of waves touching the sky. He knows it could never happen, it is impossible, it is unattainable, Orion’s heart does not beat the way his does. It was a shooting star, and the moment for a honest wish, there’s no harm in hope, but it hurts knowing the reality.

Like the shooting star that graces the night sky, the wish brings a smile to Nexus envisioning how it will be, but like the shooting star, that glides and passes by, so does the wish of Nexus and Orion. He picks himself up and walks the sandy earth into the dark pitch of the night... out of vision, out of sight...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...