A Romantic Encounter: The Date

I stood in her walkway, accompanied by slight breeze of wind, the air was cold but I was nervous, waiting for Orion, every second that passes seems to be an eternity. What should I say? Where should I take her to? Where should we dine? Funny how a man would seem clueless on what to do when it involves moments that relate well to every beat of his heart.

The door opened, and she stepped out as if a princess descending her carriage, “you sight truly captivates me”, I leaned forward, was dying to kiss her, but decided to just let our cheeks meet and while looking into her eyes, handed her a stalk of rose. “Thank you, and captivation is the definition of the captive, for me it is a moment of joy” she replied, and I could see that her cheeks were flushed, she certainly do not need to apply blusher on her soft cheeks.

I drove slowly, just to ensure that she was comfortable and more so for the reason that I was not able to take my eyes off her, if I could paint a portrait, it will be a masterpiece envied by Da Vinci. Everytime I look at her, there is a feeling of content, a feeling that in unexplainable by words, I could never define, this is a sensation, a passion only to be felt.

“So other than sweeping someone off her feet, what do you do?”. “I run my own little firm that concentrates on Creative Marketing & Corporate Communications... Plan B” that sounded as if I was meeting a prospect client but I have just been so used to it. “Plan B?” she asked inquisitively. “Well, it was a name that conceptualised from the collaboration of three brains, it was my escape to freedom and Plan B sounded well with what I do, what do you do then?”. “I’m in the marketing division of M****. It dawned upon me; we’re so much alike as our professions are the same.

Sea was windy, but I had to thank God above, it was a full moon that night. We took a seat and amidst the soft light of QE2, we had the company of a full moon reflecting on a satin sheet of sea. “This is by far the loveliest scene one could have”, as her eyes reflected a marvel of beauty. “I totally agree with you on that”, and I was looking into her eyes. Orion leaned forward, and her fingers reached out my chin and pushed it softly towards my left, “I meant the scenery” as she gazed to the sea and winked.

With the soft music playing, Something Stupid, a song that was defining the moment itself. It is truly something stupid, yet willingly the heart does not adhere to the warnings. You just want to surrender and submit to the moment itself. Call it dreamland, call it Cloud 9, the feeling is just utterly enchanting and captivating.

“You know the moth?” I asked her as she sipped on her wine. “Yes, the little insect”. I pointed towards the candle that lit in the middle of the table “exactly, the moth that dances to the flame, knowing that it will burn him to ashes. It amazes me how he still dances to the flame”. “That is what you refer as devotion, a passion” as her little fingers imitated the dance of moth. Orion summed it up in few words that left me thinking how is it possible for a devotion to be filled with passion... that kills?

“Why does one willingly know that death may befall upon them and yet still continues with the passion?”, I had all the answers but I wanted to hear what Orion has to say. “Just like love, you know it hurts, you know there are times that you wish you never loved, but yet again, you love... you know that amidst the joy and happiness, there will be pain inflicted but above all there are moments that takes your breath away”. I was mesmerized by her voice and at the same time, uncovered the emotions that are deep within her.

“Have you ever been in love?”, she asked the question that I wish she never ask. “Who hasn’t? Yes, I have been in love. No, my love did not find a happy ending, else I won’t be here with you right now”. I decided not to recall the love story of mine that was filled with tragedies. I guess she sensed it and we talked about moments that would bring smile and laughter.

The drive back was filled with silent, I wondered if she was also deep in thought as I was. Here beside me, I have this lady that never fails to make me smile. Even the sight of her fills this heart with warmth, a feeling unexplainable.

This are the feelings that one feels from within, where you find even the smallest act of another person to be memorable. Where you could recall every moment of the encounter, like how she loves to move her fringe that falls in front of her eyes, or how she smiles when you tell her a joke.

“Thank you for a great evening”, she said while she stood in front of her doorway. “The honour and pleasure is certainly mine”, as I looked into her eyes, I inched closer and kissed her cheeks. I knew it was welcomed as she pushed her cheeks closer.

As I walked towards my car, I took a glance back and Orion had her door open, looking at me as I walk away as millions thoughts filled my mind, finding the answer to the feeling I have deep within me. It is just too soon, I know that and amidst this knowledge, I want to find answers. She waved goodbye and as her door closed, I knew the night will be a long one. Where I would sit beside my cup of coffee, sleepless it will be as I recall our date and her.

I look out of my window, and wonder if she is asleep. “Good night my angel, may the sweetest dreams accompany you”. As for me, I would not need the company of dreams, as I have you in my mind, like I always do...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...