Love? A fragment of my imagination!

It’s funny how things usually turn up in a relationship. You could wake up one morning fully charged to face the day, put on your power suit and say this day is mine. You feel energetic and on top of the world. Out of nowhere in your day’s rush, you see her passing by, someone that is truly captivating and you say to yourself, ‘this lady is a dream come true’… you get the drift, so no point telling you the rest.

This , my friend, is the reality, boy meets gal, falls in love and loses himself completely. I just never seem to get it from my friends when they tell me of how they have this encounter. Because they all come back to me whether in months, or years , sobbing and whining on why they were hurt!

Times have certainly changed, lift up your hands up if you recently heard of a guy breaking up with a gal? what? No hands! One at least… Nope, damn I hate it when I am right… This is the reality now, it’s the ladies who calls the shots, gone are the times when men ruled, the queen has taken over!

Forget about words like loyalty, words such as devotion, they simply don’t hold any meaning anymore. Why do I say love is a fragment of my imagination? It has always been for me cause I never understood it from the beginning, had my fair share of experience and even till now, I sit down at 2AM wondering what exactly love is? Enlighten me if you can, I am dead curious!

A friend of mine just faced this recently, there he was in the perfect bollywood love story, complete with hit songs and moments that brings tears to his eyes, tears cause the moments are now gone, just one day he wakes up and realizes that they were all a fantasy, a fantasy that was never meant to be a reality! Bummer, must’ve been tough, but who is to blame? I don’t blame the gal at all, it was he who refused to accept reality first of all…

In the 3 years that he was with the gal, the gal was his devotion, day and night it was her he thought off, friends were neglected (and he got the nerve to come see me now?), family was secondary, career was ok (phew) and changes upon changes he brought to himself. Today, he was sobbing and crying telling me the sad sad story. I feel sorry? Nope, I smacked his head and said ‘dude, this was inevitable, you were in dreamland, welcome to reality!’

The part I hate the most bout break –ups is that they hurt real bad, piercing sensation, pain from deep within the heart, trust me I know, I loved too, not that stone-hearted here. But live has it’s ups and downs, and one thing about break-ups for both guys and gals, words that follows after are simply ass-wipes and loads of crap! Do not ever fall for that, that the person really does care, they don’t! They didn’t the moment they decided to move on in life, if they cared, would they call it off? Think bout it you genius!

When you do the mistake of thinking words like, ‘I will always be there for you’, ‘just call out for me and I will be there for you’, ‘I want us to remain as we were’, ‘you mean the world to me’, ‘I love you still’ etc etc does actually hold any meaning after words like ‘we can’t be together’, ‘I don’t think this relationship will work out’, ‘we can’t do this anymore’ were uttered, you are the second greatest idiot in world after world’s greatest idiot.

Because you would be hoping this words came from the heart that once loved you when it didn’t. it came from a guy or a gal that once LOVED you, and still in the sense of humanity and slight care, doesn’t want to leave you stranded like a yacht without fuel, or in poetic words, a kite without it’s string. The guy or gal is just caring for the great moments you shared, not to be there for you in life! Get that nailed right down your skull to your brain, if it doesn’t, then I am so sorry for you…

Be prepared to face slow rejection, lesser phone calls, lesser concerns, a person that once stayed up talking to you all night is suddenly telling ‘BRB’ (Be Right Back) and never returns, the same person that when once upon a time, knew that you would be waiting and would text you like 5 times telling he/she is stuck with something and sorry to keep you waiting, now just don’t seem to find their mobile in the vicinity! The person who was dying to meet you everyday, wouldn’t ‘mind’ meeting up and the classic line, ‘I’ve been so busy’

This will come with arguments because you took the words seriously and thought they would be all the same when they did not ever intend to, you would face the day crawling and dejected, like a person stuck in a dessert and seeing phatamorganic illusions. While the party that just wanted to dump you and move on, is also feeling-

(make your pick)
A- sad cause they made you this way
B- lost without your presence in their life
C- hurt because you have changed from jovial and upbeat to a sad wreck
D- annoyed because you are just… well, annoying!

If you answered anything other than D, stop reading this, go pick a glass of water, cover your mouth and dip your nose, drown and die cause there is no helping you. Don’t jump into the sea and bother your parents and trouble the rescuers. I am harsh? Well maybe being harsh would give you a slightly clearer perspective.

So save the emotional stress and sad feelings for moments that are truly worth it, don’t cry for losing the person, but rejoice in the moments you once shared, let it be a nice ending and don’t keep your hopes on anyone that you are not obliged to, vice versa.

Be glad nevertheless that there is someone out there (applicable if you ever dare love again), who would want to be with you fully, with the commitments and devotions as much as you love, love that person who truly deserves it, a point above and kudos for that soul who decides to be with you, the one who accepts you and does not brings tears to your eyes, for there is one person who left you and there is one person here who wants to build their life with you, he/she is the one that you should feel your heart beating for.

As for your previous partner, be glad it was over before it became a torment in future. If they didn’t want it today, chances are they wouldn’t want it in future too. Be friends if you ever could and if that is not feasible, it is time you let the good memories prevail and start thinking for yourself, for once. Make decisions based on what your brain tells you, be practical and logical, leave the dreamland and welcome to reality!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...