A Romantic Encounter: The Perfect Pitch

I walked the path of loneliness for a while, till I met Orion, her character is such, that one would find himself engrossed listening to her, from the way she talked about the recent election and it’s results. Sitting down with her and sipping the latte isn’t the common indulgence of coffee but more of an intellectual journey that I’d appreciate.

Throw a topic to Orion and she is a natural conversationalist, and to keep up with her pace, is rather a challenge for myself. Nevertheless, I enjoy every minute of these after-work latte sessions; let’s just say, as a publicist, conversations that drive thoughts are a blessing.

From my recent encounter of the shooting star, it is rather obvious that I am clueless on where this journey would lead; leaving it up to fate seems like the most logical thing to do. We have elevated our encounter to another level, where admiration of hers now includes her fascinating ideology.

‘I saw your pitch on Global Warming, and it is rather impressive, but it lacks the spirit in totality’, she said while looking straight into my eyes. That is her signature look when she’s on a serious topic.

‘I thought I sent it to you just before leaving the office, when did you read it?’ I was rather surprised as we both left office at the same time.

She retorted with a slight hint on my delay, ‘I work for the country’s premier mobile operator, all employees are bound by this little device called BlackBerry, and your 30 minutes delay was a great opportunity’.

‘So I was late, but you know how clients are, can’t blame me for the delay entirely’, I knew that would further aggravate her but I do enjoy her comebacks.

‘Blame it on the world Nexus, whereas an apology is certainly hard to come by’ she had that tinge on her nose when she’s angry.

‘I am sorry for the delay, but were you so anxious to see me?’, I eagerly awaited her response. She was about to answer immediately, and instead of answering, she smiled and asked if that was a trick question.

‘Does it sound like one?’

‘Perhaps it does’

‘Maybe it isn’t?’. I said while waving my arms.

‘I rather not take the risk’, she leaned forward, perhaps intimidating me with her eyes.

‘Or you are afraid of the answer itself that might lead to another question?’ I leaned forward, a sign that I am not intimidated.

‘I think... the coffee needs sugar’ she stood up, lifted her mug and took one step before stopping on her track, ‘maybe I was anxious, but you were still late’, she moved swiftly away before I could give my next comment.

Challenging, it’s her nature, quick comebacks, witty but at the end of the day, she leaves you guessing with her statements. So if she was anxious, and I was late, she wouldn’t have been too pleased, but if she still managed to smile and tease me, should I rather worry that it’s an indifference to her. I shouldn’t have asked the question, because now I am questioning myself all over again!

For the next hour, Orion shared on items that could make the whole pitch juicier. We brainstormed together to make the perfect pitch, one consultant that works to ensure Global Warming awareness is brought in as the new CSR effort, assisted by Corporate Affairs Manager, the pitch will be perfect!

It is amazing to see her in action, to morph into her role so perfectly that it seems flawless. Her ability to argue her points and drive home the message with such clarity is truly admirable.

At the end of the 3rd hour, we were tired and all we could think of food, the hunger was unbearable. Final touch and final slide of summary was the achievement of the day.

‘Let’s grab dinner before calling it a day’,a casual invitation to her.

‘Sounds nice, I am so hungry, let’s go for Indian food’.

‘You sure you could handle it?’.

‘Just cause I am Chinese, doesn’t mean I can’t handle spicy food’, she knew the reason I was surprised.

‘Well, Ms Hot & Spicy, let’s see how much you could handle’.

I wonder how the dinner would turn out to be, it’s funny, cause I had a Chinese friend who just loved spicy food, and she even went authentic by eating with her hands, it was truly a sight! Orion, however, brought the inquisitive side of me, to see her rosy cheeks flush red!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...