A Romantic Encounter: The Immortal Eyes

As I walked out onto the pathway, the sheer joy and anticipation was building deep inside, Orion awaits my arrival and was on the line talking, while walking on the direction facing away from me. I stood in my track just looking at the enchanting beauty, with her wavy hair flowing graciously, like the waves that touches the shores of a white sandy beach. Simply captivating.

‘If you keep walking away from me, I might just have to dine alone... ’, a simple statement I uttered. Like a gracious ballerina, Orion turned facing me, I can’t explain the feeling that was deep inside, as every step she took towards me, I was being mesmerized by her beauty.

This was a dinner, in replacement of the brunch that I could not make, a client’s commitment took the selfish moment away from me, for which I am grateful to Orion for accepting my dinner invitation.

‘You seem awfully silent, is everything ok?’, a question that I had to ask, as I caught her looking out the car window, could it be that she had a rough day? Could it be that she rather be elsewhere? Could it be something I said or did? ‘I’m fine, just that I am hungry, and I am like the hungry ghost, till I don’t get my food, I am rather cranky’. At that moment, I laughed at her humorous statement and all I wanted was to immediately reach the restaurant, and kept the conversation to the minimum.

I could remain silent, but there is no force in the world that was able to stop me from looking at her, at every opportunity, like every left turn the car had to make, I would want to catch a glimpse of Orion, the enchanting beauty that I envision at times of solitude.

‘Why do you keep looking at me like that?’, Orion asked after few obvious glances I gave her. Caught red handed, rather embarrassing. I shrugged the question with a humorous statement, if I could, I would have told her that the reason I kept looking at her was for the fact that the sight of hers makes me happy, I don’t know why, I don’t know how, but there is this ultimate sense of joy and happiness everytime I look at her. Every single movement of hers, like the left hand she raises to show a direction or the way her right hand twirls with her tresses. It is an undefined, unexplainable feeling, only to be felt.

The atmosphere lovely, the ambience great, but all that was immaterial as before me, sat Orion, who made every other beauty seem tarnished with her presence. In fact, all this beauty was fading away as I look at her, Orion was the incomparable beauty that night.

She has the eyes that fit the poetry of all times, fixated eyes, that shines as she laughs. Rarely have I met a woman who can look into my eyes as she speaks to me, who could keep the eye contact long enough that I could see myself in her eyes. She’s Orion, not any other mere woman, she’s a captivation in her form that could only be deciphered by the immortals, everlasting. In the language of the immortals, ‘Melin ceni hin lîn síla i 'eladhach’.

If moments were able to be captured, I would save every moment in time that she smiles, every moment in time that I am with her. For the sake of these moments, ‘could I have the honour to drive you to work?’, I asked. Orion looked surprised and kept saying that it is impossible for me as I am unfamiliar with the routes she takes as they are unvisited by me, an unchartered territory of mine.

To be in familiarity is what anyone is capable of doing, but she is worth every venture into the unexpected. Even if it was a journey that I do not return from, I would have gladly set upon for her, and I was thankful when she finally agreed.

‘I shall be here at 7.30AM’, I said as she stood in front of me, I took her hand and kissed them softly for the appreciation of a wonderful night and for the honour of her company. As Orion walked away on her path, she continued to bring a smile to my face with her charmful act of turning behind, glancing and walking away, repeatedly till she was out of sight.

Out of sight she might have been, but out of mind she could never be. I looked out the window into the pitch darkness of the night as I stay awake to drive her, I kept thinking of every single moment I spent with Orion, on how she made me feel, on how she makes me laugh, and how her smile brings warmth to my heart.

I never will know what she feels, as I lay sleepless, I wonder if I could have touched her heart even slightly like a feather blowing in the wind? Whether Orion could be smiling as she recalls the memories of the night, or does she even think about them as much as I do, or if she does at all?

The alarm took me away from glancing out my window, 6.45AM and I set upon the journey. What might be of this encounter, is not of my knowledge, but all I know, Orion is worth every step of the journey, for the fact that she is Orion...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...