A Romantic Encounter: The Diva

PA Marie stepped in hurriedly into the office, 'you are not going to believe who just called to fix an appointment with you'.

'Hmmm, The POTUS?' the sheepish smile planted on my face.

anger Marie has been astonished with my transformation, apparently she told my partner that I am much calmer now no matter what the circumstances are, she used to 'fear' the sight of me, but now, she flashes a wide smile upon seeing me every morning. Orion was right perhaps, by being calm, things just flow in the right direction, it's all about how one reacts to the situation.

'Even if your campaign doesn't go well, throwing your phone out of the window is not going to make the situation any better, unless of course purchasing a new phone you've been eyeing is a blessing in disguise', her words were always accompanied with sarcasm at times, but it's just me who feels that way...

'It was the PA of Safya, she wants you to pitch for her publicity blitz in Asia. SHE wants Plan B!', the excitement in Marie was reflected in her nearly shrieking voice.

'You've got to be kidding me'

shout 'NO, I AM NOT!', loud and clear.

'Ok ok... when does she want to meet?' I asked in anticipation.

'Her flight touches down on Thursday, she's staying at Shangri-La till Sunday, she wants to meet you on Friday for dinner, the pitch will be a casual one during the course of dinner and she will decide by Sunday'. Marie outlined everything she jotted down in her blue portfolio.

'All right then, i want to know everything about her, what she likes? what she eats? what she drinks? any pets? does she fight for any cause? what she likes to do in her free time? does she smoke? what's her hot buttons? how many siblings she has? what's her sports? is she into golf? anything, everything that relates to her goes into the profile, roger?'

'Roger that chief, the team will work on it priority primo and by Tuesday, it will be on your desk', Marie assured me and moved out of the office.

First rule of bonding, communicate on things the person likes, and it will be a breeze. Safya, the diva extraordinare and being her audience is something every man envisions, but not many realize. Dubbed as 'Shakira' of Asia, she tantalizes and mesmerizes her ever growing fan base.

I was wondering, what could have gotten this Diva to engage Plan B? International PR firms are eyeing for her account since she announced her intention of doing an Asian Tour. I google 'd her, I can't wait till the profile is ready for me to know her, the anticipation was killing me.

safya2 Safya Khan, born in US but strongly held to her heritage of Asia, her first album (Sharara) did not dosharara well in US but was a major hit for Asia. Her first single ranked Number 1 for 3 consecutive weeks for MTV Asia. Her popularity in Asia was tremendous and that grew her fan base in US. 

Her second album (Shades of Love) was crafted to fulfill the demand of her fans in states. A dual-language album that got her major publicity and from then on, she has never looked back, soaring higher and being among the stars.

shades Numerous albums and with every album, her fan base grows, it is an infinite collection, a cult-like emergence. There's not one award that she has not been nominated, and 80% of nomination adds to her collection of awards. Among the Top 20 highest paid celebrities, she is not a force to reckon with.

Interviews with Late Night Shows, Oprah, a regular face on MTV and Channel V, currently under the contract of BMG and everyone that have been fortunate to meet her says 'she's down-to-earth'. How could one be with such an accolade and achievement? it's impossible, at this time, i felt truly intimated, if reading can cause me this, what will be when i meet her, will i even be able to pitch, oh I'm in a ditch!

I leaned back on my chair. As usual, my mind running Vision Trailer. My common act before any major pitch, nothing is left to chances, if you experienced it, it was already orchestrated in my mind way before. Some say it's a gift, while i think of it as a curse as I always tend to envision the worst-case scenarios.

Whatever it may be, it will be an encounter worth remembering... till Tuesday, I shall await to 'know' Safya- The Diva...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...