A Romantic Encounter: Day of Surprises

The next day started well, with memories from last night still fresh in my mind, often at times, you see me smiling to myself as I drive my car in the heavy traffic of the morning. Somewhere somehow, I knew the day’s going to be one of those days where everything just turns out right...

‘Good morning everybody!’, a thunderous morning greeting from the guy who usually steps right into his office and you could see his secretary trailing behind, knowing well to deliver bad news first so that she could step out safe and sound after delivering the good news.

‘Mr Nexus, your schedule for the day, and Mr Jack just called off the meeting today, and the ad campaign for Sony is ready, when do you want the team to brief you on it?’, the secretary just stood there awaiting response while Nexus looks out of his office window... ‘Mr Nexus?’ still awaiting answer... ‘Huh? Sorry Marie... call Mr Kung and see if he wants to meet up for Taipan ’09 instead and fix my time for Sony briefing at 4PM today and please get flowers delivered to Ms Orion of M****’.

‘Flowers Mr Nexus?’, asking to reconfirm, ‘Yeah, flowers... a bouquet of pink roses, no wait... make it purple roses’, ‘Ok sir, a dozen purple roses...’ Marie stops jotting down when she hears me speaking again. ‘On the other hand, make it orange roses, and get them delivered at 1.30PM’. The theory of rose colours and their meaning, red for love, pink for gratitude and appreciation, purple to signify love at first sight but that will be too much of a statement, safest route, orange- signifying desire.

I continue gazing out the window, it just seems that the whole world has stopped revolving, only one moment captured in my mind, the reflection of myself in her eyes, an everlasting moment. At some moments, I had to gaze away to avoid her feeling awkward, but it wasn’t a stare I gave... it is the look a man gives when he ardently admires a woman.

She steps in her office after lunch and a bouquet of orange roses greets her return to the office. She smiles, picks up the phone and dials Nexus. ‘Thank you for the lovely roses, they made my day’. Nexus could envision her smile, ‘how’d you know it was me? There’s no card attached to the bouquet’.

‘Intuition Nexus, and there’s no other person so obsessed with the official colour of Plan B, but you!’, she said while laughing. A proof that one should never outwit a smart lady. ‘Since there is no message, look out your window’, I momentarily paused to let her approach the window.

‘Oh my God!!! You’re crazy’, she yells as she saw outside, floating in mid air, a big helium balloon shaped in the form of a teddy bear with a simple message for her... Orion- 10Q 4 making me beary happy!

‘You’re out of your mind, this is unbelievable!’ she just couldn’t contain herself and for a moment I thought she was angry... Thank you so much, this is like... the most awesome, most outrageous, craziest and most of all, sweetest gesture’. ‘Phew... for a moment I thought you weren’t pleased at all’, I just couldn’t help but feel extremely relieved. ‘I love it! It really made my day! Thank you so very much dear’. I wished I was there, to look at her reaction, being delighted and happy.

‘I can’t thank you enough... there are no amount of words to explain how I feel’, a text message arrives shortly after I ended my conversation with her.

‘I know, I can’t explain the feeling I have hearing you so happy’...

‘How could I repay your sweet gesture?’

‘Well, monetary you can’t, but it’s Saturday tomorrow- brunch?’ an invitation, a very selfish one to spend time with her.

‘Love that!!!’

I smiled as I walked out of my office for lunch and thereafter, meetings that await! It’s going to be a long day ahead, with so many tasks ahead of me, but she is my refuge, where I find peace and tranquillity. I was pretty sure Mr Kung would be happy to know that Plan B’s commitments to him shall be met, after all, it’s been a great day, a day where everything falls into place...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...