Rising Glorious

For those who have read my earlier post titled 'Lifetime Decisions'... this is my sharing of the day! I am truly happy today, so happy that I feel I'm walking among the stars.

It might not be a big deal for you, but for me, this is the beginning to rising glorious, to rise for the moment that I am created for! The Khan is finally back.

It all started last Friday as I was leaving office, the person on the other line said, 'Firdaus, I am with your good friend Zach and we were just talking about you, say what you doing on Monday at 3PM?' I took a quick glance on my digital diary and said 'I am free, even if not free for you I will make my time available for you'.

'I am being conferred the Honorary Counsel for Pakistan and I would like you to attend the ceremony'. Those were the lines that just made me realise that this is my first opportunity after so long to see if I have what it takes, I knew I did, but just for the sake of being in the scene would make a whole lot difference.

This morning, I took out my 'batik' shirt which hasn't been worn for a long long time, put it on and left home. Was tired of hearing being called Dato' Seri throughout the day, but felt good knowing I still carry the look of the man full of confidence.

As I stepped into the ever so familiar ballroom of Traders Hotel, the feeling was certainly great when I was greeted full of respect and when I looked at the table I was to join, I realised that I was the only one not carrying a royal title, well that was for a start!

At my table, sat the French Counsel, Thailand Counsel, South African Counsel among the other dignitaries, when I looked around the table, I realised I was certainly the youngest but heck, even in the whole ballroom, I was the youngest!!!

'It's Showtime'... that was what I said to myself and I knew it was now or never, you either make your presence felt or be the tiny micro creature. What I spoke would be my trade secret but to let you in on a small secret, no matter how grand a lady is, chivalry is always appreciated by her, praises that are honest reflects in your eyes and this women were my audience! I mean how often do you meet ladies that carries the title 'Madame' officially? I had this smile flashing as I realised that I was talking and THEY were listening! Later on, the men joined in and of all tables, ours was the one that was the liveliest.

The rest is history, some of them could not believe my age, and some refused to accept the age I was telling them, all those words that were once familiar were coming back one by one.

At which moment, I realised that it was always within me, that I am not just merely a person that roams the surface of earth, but the guy destined for far more greater things. No no, don't get me wrong, it's not like I am one level below God. It's just that I have lost myself for some time and having it back again, feels totally great and exhilirating.

Congratulations Dato' Rafique Karim on being conferred the Honorary Counsel of Pakistan in Penang and thank you, thank you very much for a great day, the day of 'Rising Glorious'...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...