Convergence of Mankind


If you know me well enough, one fact would be distinguishable about me, 95% of my life revolves around a particular race in Malaysia. The race I speak off is certainly different than the race stated on my birth certificate.

I often get questioned, why do you hang out with a different race? Why them and not us? What is so great in girls from that race or the common classic one, why do you want to risk losing the ‘opportunities’.

I met with Giuliani’s Campaign Representative recently in regards to the Global Leaders Forum to be held in Singapore. The topic Giuliani will talk about will be on ‘convergence of mankind’. Simply touching on synergistic relationship between people and how it affects a socio-economy.

If you were to walk into NY City, you’d see people from every part of the world, forget just three main races, we’re talking about nationalities of vast difference. How many times do you hear the mayor saying in his speech, ‘we’re so fortunate and should be proud that we have different nationalities, race and religion in our city’. It’s never been mentioned, because the more you mention, the more you highlight it as a matter of concern, and human psychology dictates what is commanded.

I have been extremely fortunate to be part of a community that embraces me with no objection and I feel that I am a part of the family that does not make me feel even a bit uncomfortable. Because the Malaysian spirit lives in souls of countrymen and every citizen!

You have a choice to paint the portrait of our nation in colours that dazzles, but please ensure that as you create the masterpiece, you are colour blind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Datuk’ Shahrukh Khan Detained for 2 Hours in United States… So???

The Journey of a Two Digit Begins with Three Digits

Saffron Hills - Our Dream Home In The Making...